The Symposium will at the Center for Organismal Studies, Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, Great Lecture Hall.
A limited contingent of rooms in conveniently located hotels (from hostel to 3-stars) as been pre-booked at discounted rate until 12.8.22.
>>> Booking Link <<<
Heidelberg being a very popular touristic destination, early booking is recommended.
Please be aware of the existence of fraudulent travel and hotel booking schemes that may offer you booking Services for this conference. Only the services provided by Heidelberg Marketing have been vetted by the organisers.
By public transport from Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof
Use bus line 31 or 29 (from old town), tram lines 21 or 24 (from main station) to stop “Bunsengymnasium” or bus line 32 to “Jahnstraße”. The building is in easy walking distance from there (approx. 3 resp. 10 min).
For the way to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof, please consult the current Deutsche Bahn time table.
Turn left from Berliner Straße into the second street after Ernst-Walz-Brücke (“Im Neuenheimer Feld”), turn right, parking is possible in the “Mathematikon” basement parking garage (parking fees), across the street from building INF 230.
City Airport Mannheim (about 15 km away)
- Transfer Tram No. 5 gets you from the airport to Heidelberg (see www.vrn.de).
- Information about rental cars or taxis can be obtained at: www.flugplatz.mannheim.de
Frankfurt International Airport (about 80 km away)
- Airport Shuttle Service TLS: This shuttle service can be booked by individuals prior to departure. Call +49 (0)6221-1422-24/-26 or Fax +49 (0)6221-142222 or make your booking online here under Tourism-Tourist offers.
- Lufthansa Airport Bus: Departures directly from Terminal 1 in front of arrivals hall B. Pre-booking is recommended. Stops at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Heidelberg. Information: www.lufthansa-airportbus.de
- Deutsche Bahn: Trains depart for Heidelberg directly from the Fernbahnhof (long-distance train station) opposite Terminal 1, with a change of trains in Mannheim. Information: www.bahn.de
Stuttgart International Airport (about 120 km away)
- With the S-Bahn direct to the Stuttgart main train station, which is part of the ICE, EC and IC network and connects to Heidelberg, journey time is about 50 minutes. Information: www.bahn.de
Frankfurt Hahn Airport (about 150 km away)
- The Hahn Express shuttle bus stops at Heidelberg’s main railway station. Information: www.hahn-express.de