The Symposium will take place in the Bauhaus style New University Aula
A limited contingent of rooms in conveniently located hotels (from hostel to 3-stars) as been pre-booked at discounted rate.
Heidelberg being a very popular touristic destination, early booking is recommended.
Please be aware of the existence of fraudulent travel and hotel booking schemes that may offer you booking Services for this conference. Only the services provided by Heidelberg Marketing have been vetted by the organisers.
By public transport from Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof
Bus #31, 32 to Universitätsplatz and 33 in the direction of Ziegelhausen/Köpfel to Peterskirche. Please consult the VRN time table (local and regional public transport).
For the way to Heidelberg Hauptbahnhof, please consult the current Deutsche Bahn time table.
From the North/West (A 656): Take exit marked Zentrum/Schloß, head towards Schloß (Castle). Continue on this street, pass through the tunnel, before the the second tunnel get into the left-hand lane and follow the sign to Parkhaus Nr. 11 (car park) .
From the South (A 5): Take exit Heidelberg/Schwetzingen, follow the highway to Heidelberg, then continue as given above.
From the East (along Neckar River): Turn left at Karlstor, following signs to Parkhaus 11 / Zentrum (downtown). Turn right after leaving the tunnel, following signs to Parkhaus 11.
City Airport Mannheim (about 15 km away)
- Transfer Tram No. 5 gets you from the airport to Heidelberg (see www.vrn.de).
- Information about rental cars or taxis can be obtained at: www.flugplatz.mannheim.de
Frankfurt International Airport (about 80 km away)
- Airport Shuttle Service TLS: This shuttle service can be booked by individuals prior to departure. Call +49 (0)6221-1422-24/-26 or Fax +49 (0)6221-142222 or make your booking online here under Tourism-Tourist offers.
- Lufthansa Airport Bus: Departures directly from Terminal 1 in front of arrivals hall B. Pre-booking is recommended. Stops at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Heidelberg. Information: www.lufthansa-airportbus.de
- Deutsche Bahn: Trains depart for Heidelberg directly from the Fernbahnhof (long-distance train station) opposite Terminal 1, with a change of trains in Mannheim. Information: www.bahn.de
Stuttgart InternationalAirport (about 120 km away)
- With the S-Bahn direct to the Stuttgart main train station, which is part of the ICE, EC and IC network and connects to Heidelberg, journey time is about 50 minutes. Information: www.bahn.de
Frankfurt Hahn Airport (about 150 km away)
- The Hahn Express shuttle bus stops at Heidelberg’s main railway station. Information: www.hahn-express.de